About The Painting:
“The Up-Side of Down” was inspired by a 2009 assault and battery that hospitalized me with multiple facial fractures, severe eye trauma, and a concussion. My signature icon, which I saw flashing in my head during the concussive state, is a key repeating element in this series that represents life growing from death and discovering the positives in negatives.
A number of artists in history have had their blue period and I've certainly had mine. This painting has a central shape that doesn't really exist, or does it? The central shape is constructed out of negative space only by what surrounds it. Sometimes nothing grows into something and sometimes we are built up or defined by the things that surround us. If those things disappear, do we still exist?
Gallery quality canvas print displays vibrant artwork that is built to last. Printed with HP Latex Inks that are fade resistant. Inks are water based and solvent free so rest assured there are no harsh chemicals in your home. Assembled with 3/4" thick wood frame and glued wood core stretcher bars.
All canvas prints are wrapped and shipped in fitted packaging
• Ready To Hang - Mounting hardware comes attached.
• Leveling Bumpers Included - For wall protection.
• Semi-Gloss Print - Increased vibrancy of artwork.
• Beveled Wood Stretch Bars - Make frame less noticeable on front of canvas.
• Industrial Strength Staples - Ensure a tight fit that is sure to last.